It’s like it’s spring all over again!
In collaboration with Savvy Housekeeping, we present a truly refreshing and beautiful cocktail made with herbs and fruit straight from the bountiful Savvy Housekeeping garden! We used fresh lemons and lemon verbena along with Tru2 Organic Gin, which we highly recommend for this cocktail (and others, for that matter). Lemon verbena has a mild mint flavor with a lemony finish, so we thought it would be perfect for muddling and mixing, and we were right.
- ½ cup fresh lemon verbena
- ½ a lemon
- 2 tbs simple syrup
- 2–3 oz gin (depending on how strong you like it)
- Club soda
- Muddle the lemon verbena, fresh lemon juice and simple syrup at the bottom of a tall glass (collins glass).
- Add the gin. Put crushed ice on top (this not only keeps it cold but also stops the leaves from getting in your mouth).
- Top off with club soda. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
- Bottoms up!
We tried making simple lemon verbena syrup. It tasted like a high-end throat lozenge. Unless you want a Ricola cocktail, we don’t suggest it. We also tried it with another high-quality gin and found that it wasn’t as balanced as when made with Tru2, so we had to add some more lemon and simple syrup to balance the juniper flavor of the gin. Enjoy!