This cocktail was created by mixologist Jim Meehan, owner of PDT in New York City, as the perfect accompaniment to an evening spent outdoors.
- 6 oz Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- 1.5 oz Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky
- 0.5 oz white grapefruit juice
- 0.5 oz honey syrup (*see below)
- 0.25 oz Claussen Dill Pickle Brine
- 0.25 tsp Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
- Add everything but the beer to a mixing glass.
- Fine strain (to remove mustard seeds) into a chilled black pepper rimmed pilsner glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a Claussen Dill Pickle Spear.
- 8 oz clover honey
- 4 oz water
- Combine in a pot.
- Simmer over medium heat (approx. 160F), stirring, until honey dissolves.
- Cool and bottle.
Courtesy of Famous Grouse Scotch Whisky.